Cebu Pacific flies directly from Manila to Saigon (Ho Chi Minh city) or fly to KL and then to Hanoi or Saigon via Air Asia. There are tons of things to see and do in
To save some money, I suggest you buy the Open Tour bus. This allows you to hop on and off in a particular location and it’s valid for 30 days. I bought a ticket for seater (
Always remember the exchange rate before paying for anything. I have a friend who paid a few hundred dollars equivalent of Vietnam Dong for a taxi ride (Airport to City Center ). The driver asked for the amount and they got confused with the exchange rate and just paid him the agreed amount (after bargaining) which was still ridiculously high. Don’t let your guard down even if you’re tired and worn out.
I tried to change Philippine Peso to Vietnam Dong but the exchange rate is so ridiculously bad. I suggest that you check the online exchange rate before you go to any money exchange shops. ATM is abundant in the cities and they give better exchange rates. Credit cards are widely accepted as well.
There’s a lot of cheap food available on the streets and accommodations are pretty cheap too compare to what I experienced in Laos . I’m usually paying $1-$2 for each meal and $3-$5 for accommodation.
Overall, Vietnam is a nice place to chill and relax without breaking an arm and leg. Did I mention that there’s an abundant supply of cheap backpacks and travel gears too. ;-)
Here are some of the interesting places that I went to:
(Hanoi Water Puppets)
(Halong Bay Boats)
(Hue Citadel)
Hoi An
I love small towns and cities like Hoi an. I have never heard of this place until I came to Vietnam . Hoi An is a relaxing and charming place to go to. I rented a bike and toured around the city and cycled along the river banks. There are plenty of ways to burn your money here. I found out that Hoi An is famous for it’s tailors. You can have custom made shoes, dresses and suits for a very cheap price. Nightlife is abundant in the historic old town and there’s a beach nearby.
(Japanese Bridge, Hoi An)
Nha Trang
It was a choice between the mountains of Da Lat or the beaches of Nha Trang. Since I missed the beaches so bad I decided to head to Nha Trang. Nha Trang is a highly commercialized beach area. It looks more commercialized than Patong beach of Phuket . I spent almost a week in Nha Trang because I was able to score a very cheap hotel accommodation. I was sharing a twin air conditioned room with another backpacker so I was paying only $2.5 a night. If you don’t intend to stay on the beach everyday, there are plenty of other things to do. I rented a bike and cycled around the city and then me and my friend went to this sulphur mud bath (my first time). Cheap baguettes made me survived the weak without starving myself to death. There were also sidewalk vendors selling grilled seafood at a very cheap price. I remembered paying only $5 for a grilled lobster and a piece of bread.
(Nha Trang Beach)
Ho Chi Minh
I never had a chance to tour around Ho Chi Minh so I will just leave this portion empty for awhile. I went to Ho Chi Minh and the minute I got there, I booked my ticket to
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.